Fritz Porter/ Design Collective
Director of Marketing & Events August 2015-Present
- Responsible for in-store and online marketing efforts.
- Direct and manage editorial calendar.
- Design and maintain www.FritzPorter.com requiring daily use of Squarespace, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Create blog content, direct photography and maintain extensive image library via Dropbox.
- Compile, edit and direct digital communications including e-Newsletter, e-blasts, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Serve as main point of contact for media, editorial and advertising inquiries.
- Design necessary print collateral including magazine ads, postcards, invitations and brochures.
- Orchestrate all facets of elaborate events and parties for celebrity designers such as Martha Stewart, Charlotte Moss, Jane Scott Hodges, Suzanne Rheinstein, Madeline Weinrib, Christopher Spitzmiller, Amelia Handegan, Julia B. Linens and more.
- Manage budgets and invoicing for events with business manager.
Preservation Society of Charleston, Charleston, SC
Interim Director of Marketing & Communications Feb 2015-July 2015
- Reported daily to the Executive Director on all matters pertaining to digital, print & social marketing.
- Served as member of the Executive Staff, recommended improvements, opportunities & budget strategies.
- Designed & produced marketing materials and managed the rebranding of corporate & retail logos.
- Spearheaded the website redesign of both the shop and www.PreservationSociety.org.
- Created & designed national print and social media campaigns including Lift the Lowcountry & The Fall Tours.
Director of Retail Operations June 2014-July 2015
- Purchased inventory, determined pricing, maintained and merchandised shop space.
- Managed, trained and scheduled staff and volunteers.
- Maintained accuracy in reporting systems for sales, inventory, payroll and all business operations.
- Developed an online retail presence and line of products with local makers branded Well Preserved.
- Cultivated relationships within the community to benefit the shop and advance the organization.
Heirloom Book Company, Charleston, SC Feb 2011-Present
- Started a cookbook shop from scratch including concept, brand development, logo design, development of the website and interior design of brick-and-mortar store at 123 King Street.
- Managed shop, trained staff, managed inventory in store and online, handled payroll, sourced antique books.
- Handled social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Designed for all marketing materials, digital and print, including ads, event invitations and e-newsletters.
- Set marketing and budget strategies. Generated a monthly revenue report for partners.
- Established strategic relationships with One Kings Lane, Taigan, Southern Living, Garden & Gun, Charleston Magazine, Le Creuset, Whole Foods, and Charleston Wine + Food Festival.
- Orchestrated author signings and events with celebrity chefs such as Magnus Neilson, Sean Brock, Julian VanWinkle, Julia Reed, John T. Edge, April Bloomfield, Michael Anthony, Nathalie Dupree, Virginia Willis, The Lee Brothers and more.
- Curated photography collections by Jack Leigh, Helene DuJardin, Peter Frank Edwards and Squire Fox.
- Coordinated complex special events with authors, publishing houses, and private individuals.
- Secured, through personal network, editorial in Bon Appetite, Saveur, Food & Wine, Departures, Martha Stewart Living, Conde Nast Traveller, Afar, National Geographic Traveler, and Better Homes & Gardens. Also appeared on Fox News.
Kiawah Island Legends Magazine, Charleston, SC Dec 2008-Feb 2011
- Managed all facets of magazine production for three volumes of Kiawah Legends Magazine.
- Worked with key members of Kiawah Development Partners' executive team to determine objectives of the magazine and article content.
- Directed, created and edited copy.
- Assigned & contracted writers, graphic designers & photographers for each article.
- Coordinated and art directed photo shoots, determined shoot locations, managed production schedules, hired and contracted assistants, models, stylists, makeup artists, and coordinated logistics with Kiawah Island staff & security.
- Trafficked creative materials for editorial and advertising both internally and off-site printing house.
- Designed layouts and ads, edited copy and wrote multiple articles.
- Managed $125K creative budget and ad sales team of four.
- Created an online version of magazine for Volumes 20 and 21 with video and interactive components.
Additional Freelance, Charleston, SC Dec 2008-Present
Websites, Articles, Photo Shoot Production, Graphic Design, Creative Consulting