Fritz Porter/ Design Collective
Director of Marketing & Events August 2015-Present
- Responsible for in-store and online marketing efforts.
- Direct and manage editorial calendar.
- Design and maintain www.FritzPorter.com requiring daily use of Squarespace, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Create blog content, direct photography and maintain extensive image library via Dropbox.
- Compile, edit and direct digital communications including e-Newsletter, e-blasts, Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Serve as main point of contact for media, editorial and advertising inquiries.
- Design necessary print collateral including magazine ads, postcards, invitations and brochures.
- Orchestrate all facets of elaborate events and parties for celebrity designers such as Martha Stewart, Charlotte Moss, Jane Scott Hodges, Suzanne Rheinstein, Madeline Weinrib, Christopher Spitzmiller, Amelia Handegan, Julia B. Linens and more.
- Manage budgets and invoicing for events with business manager.
Preservation Society of Charleston, Charleston, SC
Interim Director of Marketing & Communications Feb 2015-July 2015
- Reported daily to the Executive Director on all matters pertaining to digital, print & social marketing.
- Served as member of the Executive Staff, recommended improvements, opportunities & budget strategies.
- Designed & produced marketing materials and managed the rebranding of corporate & retail logos.
- Spearheaded the website redesign of both the shop and www.PreservationSociety.org.
- Created & designed national print and social media campaigns including Lift the Lowcountry & The Fall Tours.
Director of Retail Operations June 2014-July 2015
- Purchased inventory, determined pricing, maintained and merchandised shop space.
- Managed, trained and scheduled staff and volunteers.
- Maintained accuracy in reporting systems for sales, inventory, payroll and all business operations.
- Developed an online retail presence and line of products with local makers branded Well Preserved.
- Cultivated relationships within the community to benefit the shop and advance the organization.
Heirloom Book Company, Charleston, SC Feb 2011-Present
- Started a cookbook shop from scratch including concept, brand development, logo design, development of the website and interior design of brick-and-mortar store at 123 King Street.
- Managed shop, trained staff, managed inventory in store and online, handled payroll, sourced antique books.
- Handled social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Designed for all marketing materials, digital and print, including ads, event invitations and e-newsletters.
- Set marketing and budget strategies. Generated a monthly revenue report for partners.
- Established strategic relationships with One Kings Lane, Taigan, Southern Living, Garden & Gun, Charleston Magazine, Le Creuset, Whole Foods, and Charleston Wine + Food Festival.
- Orchestrated author signings and events with celebrity chefs such as Magnus Neilson, Sean Brock, Julian VanWinkle, Julia Reed, John T. Edge, April Bloomfield, Michael Anthony, Nathalie Dupree, Virginia Willis, The Lee Brothers and more.
- Curated photography collections by Jack Leigh, Helene DuJardin, Peter Frank Edwards and Squire Fox.
- Coordinated complex special events with authors, publishing houses, and private individuals.
- Secured, through personal network, editorial in Bon Appetite, Saveur, Food & Wine, Departures, Martha Stewart Living, Conde Nast Traveller, Afar, National Geographic Traveler, and Better Homes & Gardens. Also appeared on Fox News.
Kiawah Island Legends Magazine, Charleston, SC Dec 2008-Feb 2011
- Managed all facets of magazine production for three volumes of Kiawah Legends Magazine.
- Worked with key members of Kiawah Development Partners' executive team to determine objectives of the magazine and article content.
- Directed, created and edited copy.
- Assigned & contracted writers, graphic designers & photographers for each article.
- Coordinated and art directed photo shoots, determined shoot locations, managed production schedules, hired and contracted assistants, models, stylists, makeup artists, and coordinated logistics with Kiawah Island staff & security.
- Trafficked creative materials for editorial and advertising both internally and off-site printing house.
- Designed layouts and ads, edited copy and wrote multiple articles.
- Managed $125K creative budget and ad sales team of four.
- Created an online version of magazine for Volumes 20 and 21 with video and interactive components.
Additional Freelance, Charleston, SC Dec 2008-Present
Websites, Articles, Photo Shoot Production, Graphic Design, Creative Consulting
- Southern Living
- Rooted Kitchen
- Colicchio Consulting
- Danko Law Firm
- Best Chefs America
- The Local Palate
- Horse & Habit
- Janet Gregg
- Alistair Ballantine
- Peter Frank Edwards
- Charleston Wine +Food Fest
- Squire Fox Photography
- Orient-Express North America
Orient-Express, Hotels, Trains & Cruises, Charleston, SC Oct 2007- June 2009
E-Marketing Manager for North American Outbound Sales
- Managed the Trains & Cruises web-pages for the US side of www.Orient-Express.com including the brands of Venice-Simplon Orient-Express, Royal Scotsman, Hiram Bingham, Eastern & Oriental Express, and British Pullman Trains, The Afloat in France and Road to Mandalay River Barges and the portfolio of Great Journeys of Orient-Express.
- Developed and updated content for all products in the Trains & Cruises portfolios including taglines and copy.
- Designed marketing collateral for all products according to corporate branding guidelines for online and print including, brochures, posters, newsletters, magazine ads, and corporate e-blasts to past and potential travelers.
- Created and implemented marketing campaigns, media buys and ad placement for online & print.
- Worked with strategic partners such as AMEX and Andrew Harper to oversee and update content & offers on their sites.
- Managed web-pages on intranet for www.OEH.com for employee events, training and the Ambassador’s Club.
- Created a monthly newsletter called The Bellini Bubbles by gathering news items, images and offers.
- Managed e-mail databases for newsletter and e-blast distributions.
- Generated multiple, weekly traffic reports using tracking codes, newsletter opens, Google Analytics and organic hits.
- Managed image library and all media requests for imagery and a library of all marketing collateral produced.
Arnell Group, New York, NY July 02- July 2003
Business Assistant to Chief Strategic Officer
- Managed and anticipated day-to-day administrative and personal needs of partner in creative, boutique SoHo agency.
- Successfully completed daily “missions,” which ranged anywhere from extensively researching involved topics then communicating the resource and specifics, to ferreting out and acquiring hard to find items from all over the world.
- Daily tasks included administrative functions and support, managed personal errands, and handled heavy phone call volume.
- Privy to executive business conducted between partner and their prestigious clientele and business associates- accounts included Pepsi Co, Reebok, Daimler-Chrysler, Martha Stewart, Jose Cuervo Tequila and M&M/Mars.
- Numerous other duties requiring a high level of professionalism, flexibility, resourcefulness, and “polished taste.
Grey Worldwide, New York, NY January-July 2002
Account Coordinator, M&M Mars/ Masterfoods, Starburst Candy Account
- Collaborated with and provided support to four-person account management team.
- Prepared weekly budget submissions by generating invoices, budget summaries and variance reports.
- Monitored and compiled spending reports and creative analyses for competitors including Lifesaver and Jolly Rancher.
- Coordinated and prepared materials and presentations for departmental pitches and client meetings.
- College of Charleston- BA in Communications/ Concentration Mass Media, May 2001
- NC State University- Webmaster Certification/ Design Track, January 2007
Computer Skills: Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop. G-Suite: Docs, Sheets, Drive, Analytics. MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher. Squarespace. Shopify. Wordpress. Dropbox. Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest. Twitter. Product photography. Integrations of online + physical inventories.
Travel: Extensively throughout the US. International countries include England, Ireland, Wales, France, Austria, Hungry, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Thailand, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Brazil & St. Kitts. Austrian & Asian locations were for extended periods of time.